Thursday, August 28, 2014

Our Choir Likened in the Scriptures

I have realized that the Lord is leading me along through my daily scripture reading!

I have had spiritual promptings before but have never previously recognized such a daily parallel of my life and experiences inside the scriptures!  It's been so exciting that several times I've wanted to read ahead just so I could envision what the spirit was going to teach me; but, I decided to stick to my Chapter a Day reading in the Book of Mormon and read other scriptures or General Conference talks if I was feeling that I wanted more. 

Besides, it's been such a blessing, similar to when Errol and I were serving our mission together, to be reading the same Chapter in the Book of Mormon everyday. It makes our lives in sync with what we've read and studied in the scriptures. We feel more in tune and find that our conversations often are related to what inspired our hearts that day.

Today I want to share how our Choir was 'Likened' in the scriptures in my heart, mind, and thoughts as I was reading in Alma 57 of Helaman's band of 2000 stripling warriors.  I felt as if I was reading about my Choir of three hundred and sixty four!



The following is how I felt prompted as I was reading the actual scriptures, but in my mind's eye was internalizing these words:

Our Choir 'Likened' in the Scriptures (Alma 57)

  19 But behold, my little band of three hundred and sixty four sang most desperately; yea, they were firm before the world….
 

  20 …..behold, those three hundred and sixty four were firm and undaunted.
 

  21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to sing every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught and sang unto them.
 

  25 And it came to pass that there were two hundred, out of my three hundred and sixty four, who had fainted because of the loss of breath; nevertheless, according to the goodness of God, and to our great astonishment, and also the joy of our whole choir, there was not one voice of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one voice among them who had not received much hoarseness.
 

  26 And now, their preservation was astonishing to our whole choir, yea, that they should be spared while there was a thousand of our brethren and sisters who were waiting in the wings to sing. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe—that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that their voices should be preserved by his marvelous power.
 

  27 Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are singers, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually.


Likening our Choir in the Scriptures has been a most wondrous and uplifting daily journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!